View Single Post
      05-22-2015, 03:37 PM   #61
B-1Pilot
Yankee Air Pirate
Rep
Drives: '14 M5 w/CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
Its absolutely perfect. It is also illustrates ideas for a very special M edition model in the planning emphasising nostalgia with performance and lightweight materials.
God, I hope the future BMW looks nothing like this abortion. What's weird is that there are some lines that are so stunning, and then there is that front end that looks like a time travel disaster gone wrong --- the front looks nothing like like the car you all intend to homage. How much photoshop are we looking at in all these photos, by the way?

This to me is a electric piss abomination --- I am looking hard but there is very little in this car that reflects the DNA of any future car I want to buy... and I've owned 3 or 5 series BMWs in every iteration since the E30.

What really bothers me is a fan can post a rather tame render of a possible M4 CSL (http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1125882) and you call it "absolutely awful," yet you think this thing is absolutely perfect?

BMW already has the vision design concept for the M2 -- you could have rolled something like that out today to wide spread accolade. When I see things like this, I wonder what exactly is the vector for the marque. The future of the BMW design, and the M division really scares me -- and I am a dyed in the wool BMW fanboy.

Sorry for the vent, maybe some aspects will grow on me, but I expected to see so much more -- and damn do I hate that front end!

Last edited by B-1Pilot; 05-26-2015 at 11:50 AM..
Appreciate 3