Quote:
Originally Posted by j23 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by boss2k View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime503 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by boss2k View Post
You can cover the holes with bumper plugs, demanding new bumper cover for this is overacting , its not that the bumper is damaged that they need to replace the bumper
It has nothing to do with damage. You're spending ~$60k and told the guy not to do X. He does X. It's irrelevant how bad the effect of doing X is. You told him not to do it.
Thats upto you , nornal dealership will ask you to buzz off and sell the car easily , question is whether its worth to you to call off deal and wait another 3-4 months for just a simple issue. These cars are in demand and its a sellers market

If its any car on the lot its fine to walk away but if its a car built to your taste is it worth to walk away ?? Loss is yours
Not really. We're in a pandemic with 50 million jobs lost. I can assure you that we're not in a "seller's market" with the M2C.

There's a reason why so many of us received 10% discounts off sticker on these cars in the last several months.

These cars are still widely available for order and spec any way you want them. If my dealership drilled holes in the bumper, I could very easily get the same exact deal next day through another dealership. And yes, I'd be willing to wait another month and a half before it gets here.

Asking the dealership not to do something this trivial is not rocket science. If they can't honor a simple request like this, you're probably better off never dealing with them again.

This is no different than some dealerships insisting on a new car prep, which most of us OCD folks know scratches and mars the paint beyond belief. That's why I tell them to leave all body film intact.
how many got 10% discount, not many..Your stats are wrong . It is a sellers market