08-28-2019, 06:02 PM   #27
Franzino
Captain
Belgium
Rep
Drives: M2 MY17 / Alpine A110 MY19

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgm3 View Post
I have a 1996 E36 M3 (345,000 kms), a 2005 E46 M3 pack competition (160,000 kms) and a 2018 M2 Competition (17,000 kms) . I bought the M3s new and still have both of them today. The M2C is a leased car though (with a purchase option at end of the leasing) ...preferred to lease that one since I was not sure that a turbo engine would be my cup of tea.
Cool that you kept both of your previous M3's. I owned my Z4M + M2 for two years besides each other and sold my Z4M at the end of last year. So that is my BMW M history for BMW....my other BMW's were all non M models (some of which I also still have / e46 325i wagon)

I did not receive this invite at this point (I also don't know if I have ever registered for BMW M League or something like that after my M2 delivery, because I did not care that much about it back then). But I got something better in my mail; the opportunity (from a close contact at BMW) to already say yes to a reservation of an M2 CS (deposit payable from 16 Sept). There will indeed be around 2.000 - 2.200 M2 CS with only 45 cars for Belgium.

It was a really friendly offer, but I'm not going to make a CS reservation. Selling my MY17 M2 on the used market and then paying that much more extra for the M2 CS is a bit too much money for me to spend on a BMW 2 Series (for my personal taste). Yes the M2 CS is probably going to be awesome and will hold its value rather well. But I buy cars to enjoy for now and not with the intent of future value or future sale. I also drive them as much as possible (the more miles, the better). So, if I would buy an M2 CS, then I have a really expensive M2 in my garage that I drive everyday and on track. If I never sell it (...which would probably be the case), then all this future value has no real meaning and it stays a 2 Series with a lot of money in it.