View Single Post
      10-04-2019, 01:32 PM   #53
TemjinX2
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMyE92 View Post
To answer the OP's question: No more than any other BMW. I've had upwards of 15+ BMWs, most of them manuals, and they are all difficult to drive smoothly, specifically the 1-2 shift. I've also had Porsche 911, Boxster, Corvettes and a Japanese thing, all manuals. All of them were easier to drive/shift smoothly than most BMWs. I think it's the low gearing that BMW uses to get good 0-60 performance numbers.

You guys posting about the CDV removal have me scratching my head, because I thought there was no CDV in the F87? It's integrated into the slave cylinder. There's a thread on it somewhere, but if you can enlighten me, please do!
yeah the CDV doesnt bug me as other ppl in the post say it does. For me its more on a to do list when i swap out my clutch type deal.

i dont think the bmw manual is that difficult to drive but its just want of those driving dynamic things where if they just have the clutch pedal at a lower height and reduce the clutch engagement length and just used the same setup for the entire F series line it probably would cost much to BMW.

From a business stand point i understand why they didn't want to waste the development money in a transmission with such a low take rate.
Appreciate 0