09-29-2017, 03:16 AM   #17
V.Smurf
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 LBB DCT (LCI) | X3 30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_stp View Post
Thank you very much for the confirmation! And glad to hear that the driveway issue has been resolved.
You're welcome. I'm really stoked that the driveway problem was so easily fixed... the entry/exit from it is now super smooth: I guess I'd never realised how rough it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_stp View Post
Regarding the switch, sorry I don?t have any experience with it, but when you turn it on even in D, it will activate the sensors and camera?
I don't know how it will behave in the M2, but in the X6, I can turn on the camera while the car is in D ... the camera will stay on (along with the front/rear sensors) until I reach a particular speed (I'd say 16Km/h), and then it all deactivates.

In the X6, I've found that the switch is useful if I'm moving forward in say a drive through parking spot (like in a carpark where there may be two rows of empty spots and I'm driving through one row so that I can park forward in the next row) ... and I want to see where the tail of the car is to confirm if I've crossed over completely into the desired spot. Or when I come home and I have driven through my gates and I've pressed close on the remote want to see that the gates are closing (the glass in the X6 is thick and the remote frequently needs a second press to get things happening).

I'd have to see how this behaves when I'm in the M2 - I suspect that the coding may be that the camera deactivates when the car is in D, so it may be useless. Or maybe I can find something inside Bimmercode to modify the speed at which the camera cuts out..?

Hope this helps
Appreciate 0