Australia
Rep
Drives: 17' M2 LCI, 21' X4 M40

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Smurf View Post
Hi David.m & nick_stp,
Quote:
Originally Posted by David.m View Post
Just for anyone waiting an LCI (as I posted in the LCI thread) picked up my car today and the rear sensors/camera now switch off immediately you disengage reverse gear (at least in the manual trans).
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_stp View Post
Congrats mate!
Thanks for the update. Anyone has LCI could confirm this?
I borrowed a DCT LCI today and amongst having a (minor) blast driving it and confirming that my council driveway modification has fixed the issue of the car bottoming out ... I can confirm in the DCT transmission, the reversing sensors/camera immediately switch off once you disengage reverse.

Note: I wasn't sufficiently familiar with how you move the DCT stick to go straight from R to D, so I when I disengaged R I went to N ... but I'd be surprised if that changed the behaviour.

I'm still considering whether to install the modification (I already have a new part) and I believe that I would want to control the rear sensors as I can in my X6, but it may not be quite as compelling for others

Cheers!
Thank you very much for the confirmation! And glad to hear that the driveway issue has been resolved.
Regarding the switch, sorry I don?t have any experience with it, but when you turn it on even in D, it will activate the sensors and camera?
Appreciate 0