09-12-2017, 06:06 PM   #11
V.Smurf
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 LBB DCT (LCI) | X3 30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_stp View Post
Thank you very much for the input, appreciate it.
You're welcome
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_stp View Post
I fear I might have issue with my driveway as well... Yet to be tested.
Friends of ours (who drive a Ford Fiesta) had mentioned that their car would bottom out when leaving our driveway. Our Lexus IS250 & BMW X6 had no problem ... but I thought that there was no harm in checking out and getting it fixed before the M2 arrives

See if the dealer can loan you a demo and try it out: I wasn't a pig about it, and drove the demo M2 very carefully into/out of the driveway to be sure that I didn't scratch it. The contact was minor (at a low speed), mostly as a result of the bitumen being about 2 cm higher than the concrete kerb. Anyway, I contacted the council and asked them to fix it ... they gave me a response about how they aren't responsible for those issues unless the road was resurfaced in the prior 12 months.

Long story short, they council has a policy of how these things are managed, and they can (for $450) install a bitumen ramp that removes the problem. I'm yet to get this done, but as you know, I've got at least six weeks to address it Obviously the own/rent equation comes into play here.

Hope this helps!
Appreciate 0