02-21-2022, 02:15 AM   #96
x233
Lieutenant
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: M2C, M235xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus99 View Post
Wow, that's crazy yours rubbed so bad... Mine only rubbed on full lock when turning. Basically when parking. Not when driving at full speed, and certainly never on dips and bumps! Are you lowered or something? That makes no sense at all considering the overall diameter of the setup is identical to stock pretty much, other than a couple of mm's (off the top of my head).

The only reason this particular setup rubs, even though the tire is identical to the OEM front one, is because the profile of the PA4 snow tire is a lot more squared at the edges compared to the summer tires.

PS It's a bit of an exaggeration to say the tire on that side actually rotates slower from a bit of plastic rubbing... Do you realize the forces that would be required to do that?
Yes, forgot to mention, I'm on MP coilovers, standard lowering + PA4s in standard summer sizes. So I had do the heat gun trick, quite a bit of it.

>> an exaggeration to say the tire on that side actually rotates slower
No, it's not. I had stabilization nannies saying hi on the dashboard, and could feel it, when driving enthusiastically.
Appreciate 0