View Single Post
      06-10-2020, 02:01 AM   #1019
Dutch Devotion
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F80M3 - M2 comp ETA 14.10.2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.111 View Post
I was having some issues with the iDrive so when I took my car in for the 25k service, I asked my SA and the shop foreman to look into that. I specifically told them not to update the DME but the service tech decided to just do it anyway, even though it was mentioned on the worksheet. Anyway, my SA was really apologetic. She's been my BMW SA for the last 5 years and I've never had any issues. I asked them to revert it to the older version and they looked into it but apparently they can't so.
I'm thinking about racechip or JB4 but I'm not too sure about running a piggyback.

P.S: That blinker issue is really common. I've had both my tail lights changed. They haven't malfuntioned ever since.
When you like to have double security that your stealer (dealer) does not reflash your ecu (thus blocking it) you could install the AK Motion display. You have to physically lock the device (with a PIN code) to allow for OBDII access. So if you don't lock the device, the OBDII access is not grantes and the dealer could no longer reflash. It will have other implications with the dealer, but the no reflash is guaranteed unless you lock the AK motion display.
Appreciate 2
m20e30871150.00
G80BSM282.50