View Single Post
      08-20-2018, 11:18 PM   #317
Fear-Mongrel
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 LCI 6MT LBB

It's interesting to look back and read all of that now. Last year when I joined the forum I was coming out of a long 10+ year automotive hibernation, getting to know BMW again, but never saw this thread and all the negativity around the N55. So I wasn't influenced by any of that. All I saw was 370hp, 60mph in under 5 seconds, countless YouTube videos with guys thrashing M2's around tracks all over the world, and I knew the N55 had won Ward's Best Engines 3 years in a row and I figured what more could I need? If I had seen this thread, would I have bought into the idea of M cars having S engines but not N engines and been influenced, and would I have shifted course? Hard to know. I don't know that one could call the naysayers wrong, because it's all subjective, and opinions are opinions. Now that production of that car has ended and the dust has settled, the only objective way to judge is the sales data and I'm sure BMW would say it all worked out nicely. For me personally, I can only say that I'd rather have this than not have this...

Appreciate 12