Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentom2 View Post
I just bought one. Final straw/motivation to pull the trigger was looking at the hourly cost of our local DIY shop to rent a list for a coilover install. A full day with the lift would have been roughly half the cost of the Quickjack, so I went for it instead.

I've wanted one for a while, and didn't really want to do the install on jack stands. I've never really been comfortable under a car with all four corners on jack stands. (I also installed toe links on the rear and torque arms on the front). The lift worked great and feels super solid.

We have 5 cars in the household, and three of them (M2 included)see regular track time, the other two get winter tires, so I'm swapping wheels/tires, brake pads, changing oil, bleeding brakes, performing track inspections, etc, all the time.

If I just had 1-2 cars, and only used it for oil changes and tire rotations/seasonal swaps, I never would've justified the cost, but when I'll probably use it 30 or more times per year, it seems like a nice addition to the garage.
Interesting. DIY shop around here is less than 30 bucks an hour, or 150 bucks a day. Probably one of the main reasons I havent ordered a quick jack yet.
Appreciate 0