01-30-2019, 08:43 PM   #75
Endeav
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BRG G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natek View Post
Hey I just want to bump this thread up and ask how the car feels when you're just cruising around town? Is the lag in the PS2 over stock ever a bummer?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanWRT View Post
Also in for the updates.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo8 View Post
Also interested in update
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitm2 View Post
Assuming he has the car hibernating for the winter
Yup! Car is in hibernation for winter haha. Unfortunately when I got back from my trip we had already received our first snowfall which means the M2 was promptly put into storage mode.

That being said, I was able to test out of the new manifold for one drive. No issues with the new manifold, however my higher-than-expected WGDC still remains so it looks like it wasn't a leak between the Fuel-It PI spacer and the intake ports on the head. Since I've extensively tested everything between the turbo and the manifold for leaks both via pressure and smoke-testing I can only imagine my wastegate rod is set too loose. It's really the only thing left to check. My first project over the winter will be to clean up the methanol lines in the engine bay as well as make an EWG adjustment. I plan to tighten the EWG rod by one or two turns to see if that's the reason as to why I can't seem to crack the 20-21 PSI mark. From what I've seen from other PS2 logs my WGDC should be more like 60-65% at this PSI and not 90% - I imagine this has to do with me "eyeballing" the EWG nuts when I reassembled the turbo. Oops, lesson learned!

To answer your question Natek about the PS2 turbo around town. I honestly don't notice the lag too much. Even with the OEM turbo I was always fairly keen to downshift prior to passing / punching it. I imagine if you're more the type to just roll into the throttle from low RPM the PS2 turbo lag would be much more noticeable, however with a quick downshift, the lag is pretty much non-existent. It's a fairly responsive turbo just by nature of it being a "hybrid" turbo. Don't get me wrong, it definitely has more lag than the OEM turbo, but it's not so laggy that it's no longer fun to drive around town. Hopefully this helps!
Appreciate 1
M2OG400.00