United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2C, 2018 VW Golf R

Garage List
2018 VW Golf R  [0.00]
2020 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicname View Post
I am in the market for an exhaust setup that won't require a tune. I previously had the OG M2 with only a fab speed sport cat and wished it was a tad louder. Would the Remus Sport + AA mid pipe be what I am looking for? I'm not looking for obnoxious loud but a little louder than the previous setup I mentioned before.
Adding anything past the downpipes should be fine as far as not requiring any tuning, so the midpipe and catback are fair game. I run the Remus Sport and the resonated AA EL Midpipe and I'm pretty happy with it as far as the amount of volume it added and the tone; it's definitely louder, but never feels excessive.

I will note that I wasn't really sure about my feelings on the sound at initial install; I felt like it may have removed some character from the car and had some issues with minor droning at 3200-3700 RPM, mostly in Sport, but now that everything has had time to settle and heat-cycle I've grown quite fond of it; no more droning, though that same RPM range is still probably the worst-sounding on this setup. Anything over that RPM range has been awesome ever since install, and I like the deeper tone on the low end.

Edit: Upon re-reading your comment I realized you didn't specify which AA mid-pipe. I will note that I actually didn't mind the stock sound too much and was strongly considering moving to the AA Single until I had some more time with the EL / it had time to settle.

Last edited by Threnody; 01-12-2022 at 10:56 PM.. Reason: Misinterpreted original reply.
Appreciate 0