01-08-2020, 11:33 PM   #97
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C & Boeing's light twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisualEcho View Post
I don't think you'll have any real issue, even if you rub slightly under specific circumstances.

The problem is the front 255/30 has a much wider shoulder than the stock 245/35 because it's so much shorter. So stock TW is 8.6 and the 255's is 9.8, so you're adding .6 to each side of the tire. The saving grace is that the OD of the 255 is 25.1, whereas stock OD is 25.8, so you're .35 shorter on top.
Could you expand on this please? You sort of lost me-- use simple words for the stupid people (that would be me about tires).

Not sure what TW is?

I'm "okay" at tires, but not very good at the "in the weeds" numbers-- I pretty much understand the part about sidewall aspect ration vs. width, but that's close to the end of my knowledge.

From what I figured, 255 tires were w/in 1% and about 9mm (?) difference from 245?

Could be wrong-- doing it from memory. From what I saw at dealer, full lock gave me about 1 finger of clearance (technical measurement) on the 245 on the front.

Since I'm looking to do this to a car on order, I sort of need a definitive "yes/no" since I can't really experiment on my own.

TIA--

R.

Last edited by flybigjet; 01-08-2020 at 11:38 PM..
Appreciate 0