Rep
Drives: M GmbH

Garage List
2018 M2  [8.78]
Quote:
Originally Posted by afwares View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stage IV View Post
Also factor in the 740 total North American units. I think I've seen 2 different ones in 8 years since launch and I live in a relatively highly populated region. It's a rare breed for sure.
I'm aware of the rarity, and can understand someone taking the position that because of that rarity it will sidestep what's coming when interest rates normalize. I just disagree and don't think it will be immune, even as rare as it is. There's a level of wealth - think buy-a-baseball-team wealth - that will be insulated from such a correction, and they'll continue to accumulate rarities. But those people want the prestige that comes from owning '50s Ferraris, Jags and Mercedes. They're not hunting the 1M any more than they're hunting '93 Toyota Supras. The people hunting the 1M, or mid-90s Supras, or the FD RX-7, are at a different level and I don't think they'll be as insulated. All you have to do is watch Doug DeMuro's "Why XXX is Worth $300,000" car videos and you quickly realize we're in Fantasyland.

I'm not saying not to buy and enjoy driving a 1M, but once we get to "they're now worth more than when they were new" that's a different discussion that has nothing to do with hydraulic steering or throttle response.
Supply and demand dude.

Nice story though.