Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtwo3 View Post
I see this as a positive.

For those of us who were going to buy these feature anyway, we can pay the lifetime fee and not have to worry about any additional monthly subscription costs.

For those of us who might use certain features at certain points of the year depending on seasonality or just access to the car.... then you subscribe temporarily and there's your savings to be had.

Obviously benefits on the used market as well for buyers who can now just buy a single model and not have to worry about which features were and weren't optioned.

I think the benefit to BMW in this whole scenario is that they can now attract a new market of people who might want to "try" a feature which they wouldn't normally have optioned when buying new. And then convert those trials into actual sales.
Exactly. People see "subscription" and think they're paying for a fully loaded BMW while still having to pay for a subscription to use options that are included. I'm sure there are concerns but it's more overreacting for nothing.

My next BMW I'm still going to spec the options that I want and will pay from factory. It's nice that there are other options that will be available should I want them through a subscription with the option to purchase lifetime fee.
Appreciate 0