View Single Post
      04-07-2019, 07:43 AM   #32
CSBM5
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Comp, 2011 M3, etc

SCCA classed the M2C into A-street, and many thought it wouldn't be competitive there against the late model Z06 Vettes and Porsche Caymans along with those who proclaimed it would actually be slower than the OG M2 on course...take a look at the Crow's Landing ProSolo results from last weekend.

An M2C took 1st and 2nd in class in A-street, and PAX'd 5th overall -- an incredible showing for its first time out; of course two fantastic national level drivers also who report the car is great on course and very fast. The car still has lots of prep room left in stock class too (i.e. still on stock shocks and wheels for example).

One step back in B-street, an OG M2 took 1st and 2nd in that class too, again with two fantastic national level drivers and PAX'd 10th overall.

I was a bit skeptical when the SCCA put the M2C into A-street, but this initial outing on a car with almost zero prep is enlightening. It looks like it sealed the deal to keep the car out of B-street for good. The M2C's total time was 72.757 versus the OG M2 at 74.528. Clearly the SCCA SEB was spot on in the classing of the M2C as that is a huge difference and perfectly aligns the M2C to be in A-street (let's hope they don't move it into Super Street).

Two great cars. Two fun cars! Both are achieving great results in SCCA autox stock class competition in their respective classes. In B-street last year at Nationals, an OG M2 lost to a 1M by 6/1000ths of a second for the combined runs (~130 seconds). Let's hope for a repeat challenge in B-street with either car winning, and let's hope for a great showing in A-street for the M2C (assuming Bryan competes with it) where competition will be insane.

It's rare for SCCA stock classes to have competitive BMWs, and now we have multiple models topping the results in different classes (i.e. E92 M3 in F-street is a beast with multiple 1st titles in recent years).

Having owned/autocrossed/tracked many BMWs over the past 40+ years, these four cars stand out as amazing examples to me (E90 M3, M2C, OG M2, 1M), but I'm not biased or anything.
2007 E91 328i Silver, slushbox, Eibach fr/E93 M3 rear sway bars, ARC-8

Last edited by CSBM5; 04-07-2019 at 07:50 AM..
Appreciate 1
W///7494.00