View Single Post
      10-22-2015, 08:32 AM   #1
Bimmed Out
There Is No Substitute
Rep
Drives: Several 911's

#1 on M2 Dealer List but on the fence as to whether I'll take it.

Like many of you, I missed out on the 1M. And like many of you, I have been long awaiting and excited for the M2. But now that it's here, I'm just not sure. There are certainly many things about the M2 I like. In fact, my pros list is longer than my cons list. But there are several things I wish were not the case with the M2, and so while I'm #1 on the list at my local dealer, I'm feeling some ambivalence and starting to think I may not take the car. The main things that bother me are:

-- I wish it were not wider than the 1M (this is very noticeable when comparing shots from the rear)
-- The color choices (horrible; and no option for individual paint, which I would most happily pay and wait for)
-- The mirrors (not good)
-- I was hoping for lower curb weight (perhaps this was an unreasonable hope)
-- No CF roof (yes, I know the 1M didn't have one)
-- I don't like the wheels (I had the beautiful ZCP wheels on my E92 M3 and I just don't like the wheels on the new M2/M3/M4 - I'm sure many will disagree but this is my personal taste)

Again, my pros list is a good bit longer and this will clearly be a fun car and a lot of car for the money. Part of me thinks I'd be nuts if I didn't pull the trigger, but the cons I listed above have me thinking about passing. And I have a GT4 on the way, which complicates things as I won't really need the M2 as an extra fun car. However, I think ED in the M2 would be an absolute blast. So, I'm on the fence. I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts.
Appreciate 0