View Single Post
      06-18-2020, 07:41 AM   #109
David.m
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI 6MT BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasnub View Post
So what I’m getting here is- don’t bother shifting quickly, because the gearshift speed control is going to force you to slow down anyway. In fact, you may enjoy the experience more if you wait a second to get back on the gas and find yourself with full power, vs getting on it immediately only to find power missing for a half second.
I wouldn't necessarily agree, I used to suffer the lag so know what it feels like. I learnt shifting above 6K rpm would mostly (but not always) eliminate the lag. Then with the Auto Solutions SSK faster shifting was possible and this has eliminated the lag, I posted a few months back https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...4&postcount=41

Since that post I've done a few more country drives and 2 track days and every fast shift (when I'm focussed) doesn't have the lag. I did experiment doing some slightly slower shifts and the lag often returned. It's probably fair to say those 'slower' shifts with the SSK may be around the quickest I could do with the oem shifter/linkages.

I've just got a BM3 custom tune so hopefully things won't change for the worse. Something of interest, with my custom tune I had the Sport+ throttle map replaced with Sport so now have the 1 throttle setting for Sport/Sport+/DSC OFF and it works perfectly, haven't used MDM for quite a while as I didn't like the 'light switch' nature of Sport+ throttle. I'll probably get flamed but I also have re-match on for DSC OFF.
Appreciate 0