Rep
Drives: E90 M3 & F87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewc89 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GerardzM View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M TOWN View Post
I'd just install a larger turbo set up on the N55.
+1, this guy gets it.

Maybe people with more money and car knowledge than myself would enjoy a project like that but I certainly wouldn't. You'd need deep pockets and it's also quite a lot of parts to have to install and potentially remove for service/resale. I personally would much rather have an engine where a few very basic bolt ons (Tune, Downpipes, IC) would be enough to make it move: N54/B58/S55. I'm not trying to add turbos, fuel pumps, gapped plugs, port injection, methanol, E85, charge pipes, dv's and god knows what else. That gets expensive and diagnosing issues becomes a headache. I don't want a project car that's constantly being worked on sitting in the garage. I just want to get in and drive and have everything work. To each their own I suppose.
I agree. Turbo upgrade is quite a project. A lot need to be taken care of, especially tuning wise.

BTW, without turbo upgrade, I don't think the N54 is any stronger than EWG N55. The N54 struggles to make anywhere near 400 on dynojet without meth/ethanol, while M2/M135/235i are pretty close on a nice day.
Poochie9103.00