Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C HS DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///AVM View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by goku7 View Post
If u already have a m2, why buy the same toy again but with some more oomph and fancy bits. Gt4 is the obv choice.
It might be obvious given the two options presented. However, having actually driven 981 GT4 and 718 GTS options, it was pretty obvious the GTS was the choice.

///AVM
I love a contrarian viewpoint!

Every car forum you go to, whether Bimmerpost or Rennlist, EVERYONE talks endlessly about how amazing the GT4 is. It's manual transmission! It's NA6!

But, honestly, I look at those 2 things and they're huge minuses for me. I get it. To be a purist and to get your "cool" card, you HAVE to goo over the manual transmission and you have to drone on and on about the "sonorous, melodious, orgasmic symphony of the 6."

But, gimme a break! To rev out the engine, to get any torque whatsoever, you'll have to get up to "lose your license speed," on public roads. So, effectively, the ONLY time you can enjoy the car is if you're on the freeway going 80 mph in 2nd gear. Or on the track. Otherwise, you have to putter around town sluggishly because the car HAS NO LOW END TORQUE!

Just like you, good sir, I would take the 718 GTS over the GT4 8 days a week!!!
Appreciate 2
///AVM2528.00
AndrewC198910910.50