View Single Post
      11-07-2019, 08:21 AM   #1428
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
I can understand. To get past the "skinny fat" mode.....you have to start putting on more muscle. Once you get to a point where your body fat is at an acceptable level for you, I would slowly transition into a maintenance phase. Add back just enough calories to where you are not losing any weight, but not gaining any weight. This will give you your baseline.

Then I would stay at that baseline, and start focusing on gym progress. It can be weight, reps, etc....but try and best your previous workout if even by a minuscule amount and ride that until progress stops for at least a few weeks.

Your body will actually build a little bit of muscle during the maintenance phase as a form of "recomp". One progress stops....even just an extra 100 calories a day can put you back into a positive balance for gaining.

Once you get to a certain point, you will find your body burning more calories than normal as more muscle means more calories needed to support it.

My training partner told me at the very start when I was asking all of these questions about bulking and cutting...he said no matter what you are doing with your calories....you always need to be in the mindset of trying to build muscle.
This is exactly the mindset I've had for the past little bit. Was making great progress for the exception of the last week and a half. I'm not sure if I've lost muscle or due to the loss of body fat it just appears that way, but the scales are showing my BMI is the same with the body fat % lowering so I'm assuming that's a good thing. It's killing me not doing weight resistance training right now. I'm considering taking some time off until I can start lifting. The way I see things is that as long as I'm still watching my caloric intake and keeping myself in a deficit, there isn't really a need to do any more cardio.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8209.00