08-19-2019, 12:36 PM   #21
FaRKle!
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328d Wagon, M2 Comp, i4 eD35

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Fab View Post
My initial butt sensing says the car is sitting on softer rate springs with more preload. This gives a stiffer ride and bump from ride height but gets squirrelly feeling on extension. Is anyone playing with springs and I would guess struts & dampers? Insight here would be appreciated.

A well sprung and damped car can yield a quality street ride and still rock on the track and will be my ultimate goal.
M2/M2C uses stiffer springs than the M3/4 (including ZCP variants). The rear spring is progressive though, which might by why you think it feels softer.

For the amount of money a good coilover set will cost you, I would go with a Fat Cat Motorsports bespoke tuned suspension. They use Bilstein donor units and custom valve them (as well as having some proprietary tricks of their own to add to them) to get a smooth/quality ride on the street while still being able to control and grip very well on the track. He can recommend spring rates to use for the ride frequencies you want.

Please don't PM me for suspension recommendations unless interested in paid private consultations.
Appreciate 0