Ex_Stig
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '24 X7 M60i

Garage List
2024 BMW X7 M60  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Fab View Post
This is exactly the sort of input I was looking for. Awesome, thank you.

Pads - perfect, I’ll be ordering (or sourcing locally) a set along with the fluid flush (need to get a new pressure bleeder - last one went kapoot). I’m pretty sure I have an unsealed bottle of 600RBF in my pile ‘O track crap.

Brakes will be something to consider on down the line, but I’ll probably just bite the bullet and stick with 19” wheels so I’ll make the best of what’s available.

I’ve read that Apex thread thrice now - loads of info there. Once again, it being mentioned say that I’ve been looking in the right direction at least.

It has a lot of good stuff regarding wheel/tire/camber settings to make things work correctly.

Suspension, regarding switching out components - exactly what I was thinking and wondering. I’ve a post in to the guys at CG asking about what’s required to use with stock and then if it’s adaptable to aftermarket.

As stated by a couple of you, along with me commenting also, I’ll start out with pads and camber plates and play a bit to get to know the car. I’ll do my first couple of events on the PSS that came on the car (thank God they’re not P-Zeros! Hey Audi take a look - REAL tires as OEM equipment.).

Good to know about the cooling. I have the DTC so I’ll look into cooling as mentioned. Fortunately our track season here in the desert is more fall and winter biased so I don’t have to deal with the heat as much as one would think.

I will get in touch with the guys in Tempe - was hoping someone might chime in with a comment like that. I need to contact a couple of my fellow track rat instructors and pick their brains; have one die hard BMW guy that will be a good source, plus he’s a total character and will be TICKLED that I’m in an M car.

Once again, thank you for the input.

LOL on the PCA comment.
I’ve been an Audi club member for years, working my way up to HPDE Instructor over the years. Funny thing is So-Cal Audi chapter (group I’m with now since I left Hell - a.k.a. Ohio) hasn’t had any HPDE instructor training classes in a long time. I ended up having a couple of the higher ups in the Audi club, also PCA associated, call me this past fall and inform me that I was going to Spring Mountain for a PCA instructors training weekend.
So I’m crossed all over the place... Audi member instructing under a Porsche “title” and now driving a BMW. Confused equal opportunity driver.

Fwiw, the AZ chapter of PCA is extremely laid back and open to anyone that wants to play. Heck, they let me run my Radical with them. (Anyone interested in an SR8?) I’ve heard it’s not this way with all chapters, which is a shame if true. There are a couple of BMW drivers that instruct for the local chapter, too.
Any more info about the instructor training class? I used to instruct locally with NASA and the BMW CCA and would love to get back in the instructing game.

'25 M5 Touring (on the list, first slot)
'24 X7 M60i
'22 M5 CS - (sold)
Appreciate 0