View Single Post
      10-07-2018, 08:26 PM   #4
Tiss'er
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2 LBB LCI

I too have been looking at the Cayman and I did even before I bought the M2. For me, as a mountain biker, the Cayman has one significant drawback...no trunk to load my bike. With the M2 I can fold down the seats, take the wheels off my bike and load it up.

The M2 is one of the very few cars that I think can compete with the Cayman. It's not as light, doesn't handle quite as well, but it is a better daily driver in my opinion. I also bought the M2 to head out of town on some fairly long drives. The few people that I know that own Caymans have told me that the motor noise does become difficult to tolerate after about 4 hours.

The more time I spend with the M2 also leads me to believe that it is the better looking car. The menacing look of the LBB with black trim and wheels is just a great combo. I've done a few 1000 mile trips on the M2 now and it is a remarkably comfortable car to spend time in.

I can really appreciate that BMW has bucked the trend of making the M2 a boring car. This car is just the right size and has the right amount of attitude. Think about how great the Toyota 86 would be with 350hp.

It's natural for the M2 buyer to lust over the Cayman, it is the next logical progression.
Appreciate 4