2015 Renault RS275R  [9.50]
2019 Renault RS280  [10.00]
2017 BMW M2  [10.00]
2018 Audi Q2  [5.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmciver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TargaM2 View Post
Those look great, Cobra certainly do nice work, the fact they do custom work was what swayed me.
To mount the switch in the side mount I drilled several holes as a baseline & hand filed the cut out to get a prefect fit (as I said PITA).
I was tempted to simply cut & mount the switch into the side of the plastic centre console which would be simple & look neat enough but I want everything to be reversible if needed.
I assume one of your drilled holes was the existing hole in the side mount for the 5/6-pt harness strap bar? That spot would be a non-starter for me as I already have the harness strap bar installed on my bases. I will need to find another solution, but I agree with you about keeping everything on the Nogaro seat setup to keep things completely reversible and a complete package if/when the time comes to sell the seats.
That's correct, I'm using a Schroth 4 point.
If you turn the switch horizontal you can mount it further rearward on the side mount, either way you will need good drill bits & patience.
There is a template included for cutting the switch mount hole. Wiring is a breeze (I used the seat switch for a power source).
I also purchased all the oem wiring clips/fittings rather than harvest them from my original seats, so they are a simple plug & play when/if I need to re-fit the standard seats.
Oh and I had Steve at 'codemybimmer' remove the warnings etc.
Now that it's done I would definitely recommend fitting the Rostra kit, it gives you much more back rest adjustability & is a better solution than the simple hand pump type (which I've had in the past). Thanks