Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZPrime View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
I have the Euro switch also, that wasn't a problem, they gave me the car back with an error for the switch, since the vehicle software update reverted it back the original, non-Euro switch mapping and didn't say anything, so wasn't an issue.
My dealership tried to give me shit about my Euro tail lights when they were trying to re-code after replacing my iDrive screen (it was "touching itself").

But they were wrong - it was not the Euro tails, it was my Euro lightswitch. They said it may have caused them problems and weren't entirely sure if everything coded correctly. So now I'm in a habit of swapping the switch out before going to the dealer. This is irritating, because it requires a coding tweak each time it's swapped - if you don't recode the car for the correct lightswitch, the FEM_Body complains that the wrong switch is installed, and the dealer complains about that instead.

Quote:
I can't speak on the PDC switch or the M1/M2 buttons but I'm going to assume those wouldn't be an issue either.
The PDC button does nothing, I put mine in a week after I got the car and nobody said anything nor has the dealership ever showed any problems from it.

I don't see the point of putting in M1/M2 if they don't function.
That's odd, they updated my software, after an iDrive controller replacement and didn't say anything about my switch or the Euro switch coding.

I do know that the system does block a software update, if it doesn't detect all the factory modules installed, so they aren't BSing you there..

This is noted in the ISTA software.
Appreciate 0