I INDIC8
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB M2, 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
I have the Euro switch also, that wasn't a problem, they gave me the car back with an error for the switch, since the vehicle software update reverted it back the original, non-Euro switch mapping and didn't say anything, so wasn't an issue.
My dealership tried to give me shit about my Euro tail lights when they were trying to re-code after replacing my iDrive screen (it was "touching itself").

But they were wrong - it was not the Euro tails, it was my Euro lightswitch. They said it may have caused them problems and weren't entirely sure if everything coded correctly. So now I'm in a habit of swapping the switch out before going to the dealer. This is irritating, because it requires a coding tweak each time it's swapped - if you don't recode the car for the specific type of switch that is attached, the FEM_Body complains that the "wrong" switch is installed, and the dealer complains about that error instead. So, if I take out the Euro switch and put back in the US-spec one, but don't get out a computer and recode FEM_Body with that change, the dealer sees an error saying the switch is "wrong" (because the car is still coded for Euro switch but it's reading a US switch).

Because I'm too lazy to pull out the computer and Enet cable and worry about remembering exactly how to make the coding change, I currently still have the US-spec switch in the car... but my US-spec switch has been physically modded so the unmarked button triggers the rear fog.

Quote:
I can't speak on the PDC switch or the M1/M2 buttons but I'm going to assume those wouldn't be an issue either.
The PDC button does nothing, I put mine in a week after I got the car and nobody said anything nor has the dealership ever showed any problems from it.

I don't see the point of putting in M1/M2 if they don't function.
I'm also a fan of aural pleasure.
Appreciate 0