11-02-2017, 01:26 PM   #44
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobert View Post
Thanks. Yea, after coming through Munt la Schera tunnel, it dead-ends and you have to turn left or right on route 28; either way, there is a large white & green sign in front of you saying you need a vignette - it's rather intimidating!

So we actually went back through the tunnel and the nice lady in the toll booth (on the dam, where you pay the 15 Euro toll for the one-way tunnel) told us the road on the other side (route 28), despite the sign, was not a toll road & that we could turn onto it and drive down there and look for a gas station (one with attendants ). She didn't charge us for going through the tunnel again either.
Yeah... I've driven past this tunnel many times. In fact just last month. I always prefer to take "the long way" around.

You did the right thing... I didn't know about that sign... but on that road(#28, you do not need a vignette). Anytime your traveling into Austria or Switzerland... just buy a vignette... bc the Polizei are very aggressive in enforcing "their" laws. The fine is insane IF caught without a vignette. ~130 euros... and IF you don't full affix the decal it can be upwards of 500 euro fine, cash on the spot!

Love all your photos and writeup. On your next ED you have to stay much longer... a few days just will not do!!

Dackel
Appreciate 2
bobert858.50
davem3fan185.50