View Single Post
      10-12-2019, 09:00 AM   #10
BroDoze
Captain
Rep
Drives: Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
Wait I don't think this makes sense, also what does low hanging udder even mean?

The engines are exactly the same between the M2C, M3, and M4, with the exception that the M2C is also detuned compared to the other two. Logical reasoning would deem that since power causes an increase in spun crank hubs, a detuned car would make it less likely to occur. So therefore the M2C should ideally have a lower chance of a spun crank hub compared to the M3 and M4 and should even have a little bit of tuning head space before the risk level exceed or catch up to what the M3 and M4 experience.

If you're talking about low hanging udder as in the car is low that is irrelevant to the spun crank hub issue, that is another cause for concern in oil cooler damage from road debris. But this issue is easily fixed with the various underbody guards for sale. Or being extremely cautious and alert to any road debris and high points you may be driving over. Pretty much just being used to driving a low car.
Show me any sort of proof more power causes more crank spun hubs.
Tons of completely stock M2Cs have had the issue. Any shock to the drivetrain can cause it. An over-rev on a down shift has caused it on a stock M2C.
Think about it - what would more power have anything to do with it.
I think a small percentage of S55s will just be more likely to have the problem. This could be due to some manufacturing tolerance or assembly difference or very slight material difference in the parts.
I think the perfect combination of one of these susceptible S55s and driving style/incidents with cause the problem.
A very smart tech said to me if your car is in that 1% that’s going to spin it’s hub, it doesn’t matter if you’re stock or modded or DCT or 6MT, it’s gonna happen at some point.

Last edited by BroDoze; 10-12-2019 at 09:09 AM..
Appreciate 1
M3 Alex122.50