09-18-2019, 09:18 AM   #1
Chronumn
BMW Client Advisor
Rep
Drives: Z4M Coupe

Garage List
Chronumn's M2 Comp Progress Thread

Untitled by chronumn, on Flickr

Welcome to my personal journal for my M2 comp. I will be posting updates about modifications and events taking place with my m2.

This car means more to me than any other car I've owned. It's my first brand new vehicle purchase, and it's my first M car! I see no reason to ever go back from here. Working for BMW I've drank all the kool-aid and I'm heavily invested in the brand. Bias aside this is the best car I've ever owned. My previous vehicles include e82 135i, e92 335i, FD RX7, S2000, BRZ, Nismo 370z, and a few miatas.

The M2 will be my daily driver for now, and it will see track time. Modifications performed will be to enhance the experience at the track.

Current Modifications
IND Reflector Delete
Coding Completed
Clear Bra front bumper + hood
Motul RBF 600 Brake Fluid
APEX stud conversion
KW V3 Coilovers
Apex 12MM Spacers

Future Modifications
Square forged wheels + 200tw tires
RW Carbon M performance style front lip
RW Carbon CS Style rear diffuser.

Delivery
My delivery experience was slightly different than the norm. I ordered my car the day we got our allocations in March of 2019. I was in between HS and AW for the color choice. Everyone ended up convincing me HS was the way to go. I'm very happy with my decision now. I also ordered manual transmission, blue stitching, exec package, and stainless steel pedals. I stared at the order tracking system until it was assigned to the Apollon Highway ship. I was glued to the vessel tracking websites watching it cross the Atlantic. Originally I had planned to do a Performance Center delivery so I could have a normal delivery experience and take the car through the mountains. Scheduling conflicts happened and I had to cancel. This meant my car was dropped of at the port further away than it should have been adding more time. The day finally came when it had arrived. I ran over to the pre-delivery inspection shop to check it out.

Selling cars every day makes the fizz of seeing and sitting in a brand new car wear off quickly. It didn't feel like mine just yet.

pulling it out of the shop

My coworkers moved my car into the delivery room with all the shipping vinyl still on the car. I was having the car detailed a few days after and wrapped with clear bra so I didn't wash it at delivery.

Before the paperwork was finalized I took it out for my first tank of fuel, seemed cheap to fill up.

I brought the car to its new home and I was in love after the first drive. I had never driven an M2 comp with a manual transmission before.

Tinting

The first thing I needed to address was tint. I'll be honest I'm not a fan of the aesthetics of tints but it's a necessary requirement living in South Florida. So off I went to the tint shop to have 25% carbon tint installed on all the windows and 80% done on the windshield.

Clear Bra

I had clear bra done by a friends local detailing shop, it turned out great in my opinion. He used a pre-cut xpel piece for the bumper and hood. He also detailed the car inside and out before installing.

IND Reflector Delete

Next on the list was swapping out the reflectors. I turned to IND to fix this problem. I purchased the necessary parts and installed them in my garage.

Cars and Coffee Palm Beach

I took my car out to cars and coffee, I didn't park inside because I showed up late, but after the event some friends and I went to the beach to take some photos. The results are below.

The M2 and the Haudi by Rick Flores, on Flickr

Instagram: Chirard

Last edited by Chronumn; 11-22-2019 at 05:39 PM..
Appreciate 1