Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M-VO; Z8(03)-Blk

Garage List
2003 BMW Z8  [0.00]
2011 Bmw 1M  [0.00]
Marc,

Nice write up. Kind of depressing the way things are headed Couple of things I need clarification on.

1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. View Post
Nope, the kit only gives you the freedom to open it when you want.

It switches between AUTO and OPEN. The AUTO setting is the stock valve behavior of the car, and OPEN is always open.
MR
So, for the slip on exhaust to be at it’s loudest, the sound kit must be purchased (to open the valves)? There is no provision to modify the slip on to “always open”
without the sound kit?(as per my 1M Akra, by punching out metal plugs)

2) “Linkpipe replacement: Not legal and only for track use, but an option if you feel like going illegal and don't have problems tuning your car. The linkpipe replaces the stock midpipe which often holds the OPFs and centre damper or resonator. A ECU tune might be required to disable the OPF sensors that monitor the back pressure before the OPFs, which are in this case passive and not actively monitored like for instance diesel particle filters. In case of the M2C if you don't do this, then your car goes into limp mode.”

I thought whole paragraph was referring to the M2C (for which a tune “might be required”), but your last sentence strongly suggests otherwise (which I’m thinking is the case). So a tune is required with the link pipe, for US midcat delete)?
Thanks!
2004 Ferrari 360CS, 07 Lotus Exige S
Former M cars: Euro E30 M3, 01 E39 M5, 08 E60 M5, F10 M5, 18 M2Comp
Appreciate 0