ki__
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 M2C 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtaron14 View Post
The seating position and height is identical to the lowest setting for the M2 Competition's original M3/M4 style non-competition seat. With that said, the original seat gave my left leg cramps after about a 45 minute drive as it's too couch-like. The foam/cushioning of the Recaro is much harder/denser so I don't get cramps anymore.

I opted for the German made Recaro Sportster and being TUV approved means that the seats has to be kept at original height for all the seat belts/restraints/air bags/anti-submarining etc etc systems to work. If you insist on a lower seat, then the Japanese Recaro Sportster is a viable option and it also comes standard with heated seats. It sits about 1" lower than the German counterpart. But for me, the stock seat belt will be cutting into my neck. For both the German as well as the Japanese Recaro Sportster, the seat bracket/rails are identical.

Cheers,
Sunny

Great build.

I might end up going with these Recaro's as well, the standard seats give me a similar pain over long drives and I think it could in fact have something to do with the seat cushion being too soft. How tall are you btw? I'm 6' 3" so thinking to look for the Japanese Recaro Sportster that you mentioned for the slightly lower seating position. But, I'm guessing that might be a challenge to find in the states?
Appreciate 1
ashtaron141123.00