10-08-2019, 09:55 PM   #25
ashtaron14
Major
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxwld View Post
Nice Build! Do you have more pictures of the sests? How is the seating Position in comparison to the stock one? Is it lower?

The seating position and height is identical to the lowest setting for the M2 Competition's original M3/M4 style non-competition seat. With that said, the original seat gave my left leg cramps after about a 45 minute drive as it's too couch-like. The foam/cushioning of the Recaro is much harder/denser so I don't get cramps anymore.

I opted for the German made Recaro Sportster and being TUV approved means that the seats has to be kept at original height for all the seat belts/restraints/air bags/anti-submarining etc etc systems to work. If you insist on a lower seat, then the Japanese Recaro Sportster is a viable option and it also comes standard with heated seats. It sits about 1" lower than the German counterpart. But for me, the stock seat belt will be cutting into my neck. For both the German as well as the Japanese Recaro Sportster, the seat bracket/rails are identical.

Cheers,
Sunny