10-01-2020, 06:20 AM   #81
widetyres
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 DCT, 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBig2 View Post
Thanks widetyres for this informative thread. Could you please explain why the M4 GTS MDM/Differential coding can't be used on the M2 Competition and is there a way around to make it work?
TBH looking at this again now, I think that was probably a mistake; I have rechecked the module part numbers and it was GHAS part IDs that changed significantly, however, it states that they are backwards compatible. The DSC parts have been revised a number of times, but all look compatible.

Further to that post, the M2CS Racing option (F087GTS) should now be available to you (if you have a new enough ISTEP), which is the option I would go for (over M4GTS) - I haven't tried this yet as I need to update my car, but many have.

Quote:
I've also installed a set of AST 5100 coilovers plus sway bars on my car, and ever since then the differential has been feeling quite lazy or unresponsive. It definitely pulled harder out of the corners when it was on stock suspension, where I originally thought the ELSD was more actively sorting out the roll from the soft springs. However, now that the car is well planted and tight through the corners it doesn't seem to be putting down the power as well and I'm only getting marginally better lap times.
I also have AST5100! Great choice! Love mine.
How have you got yours setup? - I think that what you are feeling is more down to that than the ELSD. It took a while, but I settled on the rear needing to be 2-clicks harder than the fronts. I think I am currently at F7:R5 clicks (from full stiff), but TBH it doesn't matter how many clicks you are running, it is the 2-click differential front to rear that is the important point, as that helps shift some weight to the front to aid turn in grip.

Running the above clicks, with GTS coded GHAS & DSC gives exceptional drive into/out of the corners and the car can yaw on throttle input alone. TBH, IMO the stock suspension doesn't have the grip to run the GTS GHAS as the rear becomes way too keen to oversteer - the AST sorts out the balance nicely.

Quote:
Some people were saying that the ELSD isn't calibrated for the suspension upgrade which is what led me to your post, since the M4 GTS is a more hardcore platform with a dedicated track suspension.
As above, I don't think that this is the case.

Quote:
Also I'm wondering is there any difference in the DSC OFF mode for across all the variations of the models. Since even though I track with DSC OFF, I still feel that there is something working in the background at times and from what I've been told the driving aids are never completely 100% off.
I do not know, but I suspect that DSC off is the same on all models. However, there are driver "aids" built into the ELSD that cannot be turned off at all, so it's very likely (especially with track driving) that they are interfering a bit.
Appreciate 0