rwemersonrw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition, Acura TSX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmic Man View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Bundy's Dodge View Post
Disagree on the horsepower...my OG is at 365 and is a freakin blast to drive. Personally I don't think these cars need more horsepower, nor do I want that to be the focus of the G87.

I want the focus to continue to be in driving dynamics...and for crying out loud, improved steering!

I'd be good with a small bump in HP to like 415. Just make this thing awesome to drive with a good sounding exhaust. And maybe a better sounding HK stereo.

Edit: and good call out above. I noticed that front overhang as well and do not like. makes me wonder how planted the vehicle could feel with such a short wheel base relative to the body length
Cause you drive slow just kidding but go onto the track section and see how many track rats mod for horsepower on the OG and you get the idea...

Hell I even find my M2C slow even though I am not after horsepower.

Practically, it has to be competitive against the current and upcoming range of performance cars. A90 Supra, RS3 and A45 aside, it makes no sense for BMW to charge a 50%+ premium on the M2 over the 400Z, STi and Civic type R while only offering a similar level of straight line performance. I am sure all the aforementioned cars upcoming are going to have great driving dynamics. The current Supra and A45 certainly has it.

I agree with you that the driving dynamics has to be a focus but both great handling and acceleration prowess are attributes on the performance chart that they need to make strides on. One must not neglect one for the other.
I don't find my m2c slow on the track 🙈
Appreciate 0