Rep
Drives: BMW M3 2024 Brooklyn Grey SOLD

Garage List
  [9.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankiebones View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habber View Post
I did the "weak driver" thing for awhile and while it worked out pretty well, I get to work much quicker being "less of a man".
I had 5 Audi S4's and RS4's in my 20's and early 30's until they killed the manual transmission. I made the switch to the F80 in 2016 and at the age of 35 it was my first "non quattro" car.

I happen to truly love RWD now. I am on my 2nd F80 (i have an M3 CS) and am getting the G80 in RWD 6MT. I think AWD is totally overrated. I run Michelin Alpins from November to early April and I'm an avid skier. I have no issues getting to the top of a mountain in Maine under any conditions. That's just my experience.

RWD with snow tires outperforms AWD with all seasons and is comparable in functionality to an AWD with snow tires.
Pretty much the same story as yours with regards to the many Audi's I've had and we are around the same age. I did 2 F80's and an M2c and while I never got stuck, it was quite challenging going up some of the steep streets here in Montreal (and with some pretty good Nokian Hakkapaleta's).

A lot depends on where people live.
Appreciate 2
BMWGirlFL6269.50