10-21-2020, 08:01 AM   #21
adc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarageMadness View Post
Purchasing additional TPMS sensors for extra set of track wheels offers more flexibility in choice of tires. Ofcourse if you want the latest and greatest tire and the Michelin track app, it makes sense. Upon watching Joe's video it is somewhat advantageous to get real world temp info on the circuit to make adjustments on the fly. I don't know if the tire pressure PSI and temp screen can stay on while driving and be easy to read as the Michelin color coded system.
On track, the only thing I display on the idrive screen are tire temps and pressures. True the refresh rate is only a few times per lap, but I can only spare my attention so much during a lap anyway (traffic, difficult sections etc.). The phone always displays the lap timer.

The idrive display as someone mentioned does allow me to work with any brand of tire as long as I know their optimum pressure and temps hot.

A gimmick, and completely irrelevant as I never run Cup 2’s on track, they have got to be one of the worst performance per dollar track tire out there.

2018 F80 Santorini
2019 Z4 3.0i
2022 X2 M35i
Appreciate 2