View Single Post
      03-02-2020, 04:06 PM   #153
ZM2
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferocity02 View Post
I see the benefit of using AN lines for flexibility with adding other things later on, but to me they are cheap. I would much prefer the hardlines like OEM. The Spool LP AN line was ~4" too long, so it was hard to make fit neatly. Also, the Spool LP line goes from the HPFP all the way down to the blue plastic LP fuel line which connects underneath the driver's feet. This means its not compatible with Fuel-It's upgraded fuel lines which are meant to connect to the LP hardline attached to the engine block.

Spool also uses a "flexible" rubber light pressure line that looks cheesy and out of place when installed. It also rubs the alternator or intake manifold depending on which you prefer, prevents the vacuum line to the brake booster from fully seating, and interferes with removing the oil filter cover. Dorch uses a custom HP hardline.

Overall not too impressed with the Spool kit given the price tag. If it was a $500 kit I would be more understanding. For a fuel pump that's $1500 OTD I expect perfection.

The Dorch kit seems better engineered and at a lower price tag. I wish I waited!
Thank you for your feedback, Sir. Sorry you’re stuck with a pump you’re unhappy with.
Appreciate 0