03-02-2020, 03:27 PM   #151
ferocity02
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135is

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
Interesting, I would opt for the dorch option but I really like the AN lines that the spool hpfp offers, since it makes it easier to upgrade fuel lines and add filters.
I see the benefit of using AN lines for flexibility with adding other things later on, but to me they are cheap. I would much prefer the hardlines like OEM. The Spool LP AN line was ~4" too long, so it was hard to make fit neatly. Also, the Spool LP line goes from the HPFP all the way down to the blue plastic LP fuel line which connects underneath the driver's feet. This means its not compatible with Fuel-It's upgraded fuel lines which are meant to connect to the LP hardline attached to the engine block.

Spool also uses a quasi-flexible rubber high pressure line that looks cheesy and out of place when installed. It also rubs the alternator or intake manifold depending on which you prefer, prevents the vacuum line to the brake booster from fully seating, and interferes with removing the oil filter cover. Dorch uses a custom HP hardline.

Overall not too impressed with the Spool kit given the price tag. If it was a $500 kit I would be more understanding. For a fuel pump that's $1500 OTD I expect perfection.

The Dorch kit seems better engineered and at a lower price tag. I wish I waited!

2013 135is DCT Carbon Black Metallic

Last edited by ferocity02; 03-02-2020 at 04:24 PM..
Appreciate 2
ZM22810.50
///Monika186.50