01-31-2019, 06:44 AM   #79
Endeav
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BRG G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanWRT View Post
Endeav, WG duty is an indication of the difference between the boost dme see and it targets, plus jb4 duty bias. Nothing else. It does NOT mean how hard turbo is working.

Dme usually see low boost with Piggyback, leading to high duty.

Boost target is a complicated thing, you can have underboost and dme is not even trying to close the gap, and have overboost and dme still pushing. With or without piggyback.

You try 24psi (your hardware can), it'd still do it and taper. See for yourself.

Anyway there is the whole N54tech board and the mighty Terry to ask, why didn't you? Also you can send me the log. Will see if I have useful input thru PM.
Interesting. Maybe this is just a difference between EWG and PWG I've never considered. I'm used to PWG vehicles where WGDC is basically a direct measurement of how "hard" the turbo is working and high WGDC with low boost usually means a boost leak / wastegate too loose for the target boost.

I'll be honest and say I've never tried running higher boost, main reason being that I saw the taper and high WGDC and stopped because I assumed there was a boost leak that needed to be fixed. I've also contacted Terry about this via e-Mail as well as on N54Tech and long story short he said he it looks fine and would leave it where it is. Ideally I'd like to run 22-23 PSI but have it be flat boost.

I've PM'd you a couple logs. Thanks!
Appreciate 0