04-16-2016, 03:46 PM   #42
Boss330
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
Still more time on the table as that was not a perfect lap. He got out of shape going wide in turn 1.

This video is redemption for the driver though because his first lap he totally got seriously out of shape in either turn 1 or turn 7 going * way *. onto the runoff area.

I look forward to a lap where he doesn't run off the outside of turn 1 so badly and gets into the 1:11s.

As the M2 supplants the M4 as being the best sports car in the BMW lineup, BMW should seriously consider naming the next " 2 " platform a " 3" and having coupe, sedan and grand coupe iterations and then making the next 3 series a 4 series, in sedan , coupe and gran coupe iterations..
Turn 1 at Hockenheim is a corner where allmost everyone goes wide. IIRC they have had to warn drivers during F1 races to stay within the track limits at turn 1 because they tend to go wide there to carry more speed onto the following straight.

To me the lap looks to be a very good one, I'm not sure there's a lot of time to be found, but of course every lap can be improved (even F1 drivers do mistakes quite frequently)

DTM, F1 etc go wide there

Appreciate 2