View Single Post
      02-16-2020, 05:27 PM   #16
Zeese
a coffee drinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2 6MT (LBB)

Mods look OK

I had a choice b/w two M2s with the 6MT at the same price w/ similar mileage. One was stock and one was modded. Both were in like new condition.

The modded car was the one I picked. Yes, it is a bit of a gamble.

The brakes were not discolored from heat. The wheels and tires were in great shape. The modded car was posted on a local enthusiasts list (not here) and nobody called BS on "excellent" and "never tracked". No chips or rubber bits anywhere on the car.

The modded car had most of the parts that I would have added anyway. Close enough :-)

What I did not do, and may come to regret it, is have a shop drop the codes and look for over-revs. Who knows if there was one or many money shifts? I suppose I should do this now. Better late than never. Drives great. Gambled... do it now or do it right. Chose now.

This car you are looking at has been sitting for > three months? This says something about the market for modded M-cars. IIRC, a 1M w/ 38K miles on bringatrailer w/ mods and track time sold for ~$40k in late 2019. A dealer purchased it and posted it for $60K. There is a market for modded cars. It's just smaller.
Appreciate 0