View Single Post
      02-15-2020, 02:07 PM   #1
Ewc
Rep
Drives: Mini Clubman JCW

Thoughts on purchasing a modded M2?

I'm searching for a manual 2018 LCI M2. There's one for sale at a good price ($45k) at a nearby independent dealer with 6,800 miles and the following mods: M Performance Carbon Fiber Front and Rear Winglets, Mirror Caps, Rear Deck Spoiler, Eibach Pro-Kit Sport Springs, Goodridge G-Stop Stainless Braided Brake Lines, K&N Filter, Racewerks Intercooler to Throttle Body Charge Pipe, Wagner Evo II Competition Intercooler, Front and Rear M2 2 Piece Rotors, Ceramic Front and Rear Brake Pads.

I asked the dealer whether it had been chipped and they said no. I asked why the prior (2nd) owner had modded the car and traded so quickly. They said the owner is a friend of the dealer who traded in a track prepped Miata; he modded the M2 to get it track ready, but liked his Miata better, so he ended up trading the M2 back. Supposedly the prior owner never ended up tracking the M2 (who knows if that's true). Based upon the Carfax, the 2nd owner added 2000 miles before trading it back to this dealer.

I've read the horror story post about someone purchasing a modded M2 and learning that the warranty had been voided. I would definitely get it inspected by a BMW dealer before purchasing, to ensure there are no ECU or warranty issues.

What do you all think about the mods? Would a dealer void the warranty due to the intercooler mod? Other than the Eibach springs (which I would want changed back to stock), the other mods seem to be pretty reasonable.
Appreciate 0