06-05-2020, 09:37 PM   #6
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C & Boeing's light twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBL-R View Post
I went with all Dinan and had Schomp do the work. It’s hard to believe that I ordered it 3 years ago
Thanks.

I've had..... issues with the Schomp dealership, so they're not my first choice.

Issue 1. was when the M2 LCI came out. I was out for a ride, so I stopped by to take a look as I'd recently seen it at the Seattle International Auto Show.

I rode up on my V-Rod and asked to sit in an M2, as I have an unusually tall torso and I was interested to see if I would fit.

They made it VERY clear that I couldn't afford the car, and that I was wasting their time. And, when I asked about the possibility of a test drive, their answer was that I had to put down a $5000 NON-REFUNDABLE deposit.

Needless to say, I was pretty shocked by their attitude.

Strike 1.

Issue 2. Fast forward to last winter. I was on the hunt for a M2C, and I gave Schomp another chance. The SA was..... not impressive. I told him that I wanted a very specific build and that it would most likely be an allocation order. He sent me a bare-bones email about a M2C they had on the lot, which wasn't even close to what I wanted. His entire attitude was that I should be grateful that he even responded.

Strike 2.

Eventually, on a day I was home, I went over and met face to face. He was super apologetic, and set me up with a test drive with one of their Genius types (who was great.)

I decided I wanted the car, but was researching pricing/financing/trying to decide if I wanted to do ED, etc., so I told them I'd be in touch as I was going up to Seattle for Christmas.

I emailed the SA to his official email address several times regarding pricing in the two weeks before Christmas.... crickets. I left several voice mails..... crickets. FINALLY, the SA sent me an email asking me if I was still interested. I replied *literally* within five minutes..... you guessed it-- crickets. I tried emailing him a final time and left a voice mail a final time..... again, no response.

Strike 3.

I gave up on them completely and went with Denver Downtown-- and I couldn't have been happier with how they treated me.

So, Schomp lost my business, and any future business I might have (even though they're the most convenient dealer to me) . If you treat me like this before I hand you a check for Sixty Large, how are you going to treat me once you get my money?

As a final note-- I got another email from the SA a month or two later, asking AGAIN if I was still interested. I replied that I had and allocation on order with Denver Downtown and never heard from them again.

Pretty piss-poor way to run a car selling business, imho.

R.
Appreciate 1
Jophy61.50