United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanG View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESB View Post
Reviving this thread. Have you guys put on winter tires already?

I similarly won't be driving through snow but I know I shouldn't be driving with summer tires when it's too cold. I've read that the crossover point is 44F. Recently it's been staying above that. Sometimes it dips into 42 or 40 but still close to 44. Right now it's 35F in Seattle which sort of triggered me to maybe buy winters and put them on. But looking at the weather ... the next week is still going to be high 40s and sometimes reaching into 50.

Not sure what to do!
I have gone three years now with my summers all year round. Just don’t drive it in the rare snow days. In the cold just be aware that your stopping distance will increase and don’t push the corners.
Thanks for that info. Do you park the car indoors?

The other variable for me is that I unfortunately need to park outdoors and I've heard that the summer tires have a threshold where if it gets too cold the tires can crack and get damaged. I need to remind myself what that temperature is and check whether the overnight temps dip that low. If for nothing else, I may need to swap the tires out just for that.
Appreciate 0