View Single Post
      08-27-2019, 06:19 PM   #153
acl26
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by O Haiii View Post
Just discovered this thread and read every post on it. What i don't understand is why people get so hostile bashing the OP about what he did wrong and how ignorant he is. He simply made a mistake and came asking for help. No need to bash on him as he is already not feeling well.

Regardless of how smart some of you are, the fact is we ALL learned something from his mistake. Even the "pros" that's been posting on here about their knowledge of this stuff has learned something new. I for sure did. I was full on committed to tuning. I'm not that knowledgeable about this stuff i'll be frank. I would have done exactly what OP has done in terms of mods and how he approached this whole thing about his track duties. Until this thread I thought a nice conservative tune with cooling mods and DP would have been sufficient. Now i have this plethora of knowledge that will protect my car and my investment. All thanks to this thread! So why are we being so hostile?!

OP, thanks for all of this. I'm sorry you had to go thru this. But because of your mistake I learned something valuable. I'm sure a lot of other people did as well. I'm glad you're back up and running and hope you enjoy your car in the future with what you've learned from this. In hindsight this experience will be valuable later down the road when you buy much more expensive and fast cars.
Yup, definitely a big mistake to have had too confidence in the motor and parts/tune. Will need to look into WMI and better FMIC before heading back out to track again for sure.

Also for the angry people on the internet part... lol

It's the internet, people have to look for validation for there own choices or opinions one way or another, can't blame them. Logic is not always a requirement here. No m2 owner wants to believe that a mild build/tune could push the car to run so poorly but here we are.
Appreciate 0