V.Smurf
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 LBB DCT (LCI) | X3 30i

Hi terrywang,
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrywang View Post
I'd recommend that everyone double check for all your BMW models.

https://www.bmw.com.au/recall
Thanks for the reminder - I was pretty sure I'd previously checked, but given some of the comments on this thread I thought that I'd re-check ... in my case, its all clear (I'm in the same boat as nick_stp)

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrywang View Post
Anyone knows more about the details regarding this particular recall, please share with us.
I had the airbags on my X6 replaced a couple of weeks ago: the same day that they were replaced I watched an episode of The Checkout where they go into great detail about the airbag replacement program. Its a really informative show generally and the information presented on the Takata airbag replacement process was excellent.

What I discovered through that show, is that BMW is replacing faulty Takata airbags with new Takata airbags. Off the back of this, I wrote to BMW and asked if this was the case for my X6, and sure enough, the dealer confirmed that new Takata airbags had been fitted. They have assured me that the new bags are fit for purpose, but I'm going to review independent advice in relation to this.

Cheers,
Appreciate 1