terrywang
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: OG F87 M2

Garage List
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
F87 M2 affected by Takata Airbag

A friend of mine reminded me to check the BMW AU recall page as his F80 LCI (II?) is affected.

Surprised to see my 2016 F87 M2 there as I did a check back in JAN 2018 and it wasn't there for sure. So the scale of the recall did extend recently. The recall notice says driver side airbag which is quite scary.

I'd recommend that everyone double check for all your BMW models.

https://www.bmw.com.au/recall

I've called BMW AU today and was told it is Takata airbag, at this point of time there is no recall action, will need to wait for snail mail to arrive in the future for proper replacement.

NOTE: I tried to pull some more details regarding the cause of recall. They said over time the condition of airbag (driver side) will deteriorate and will probably fail (at least not exploding with scattering metal pieces, hopefully).

Interesting fact: I know a guy who just ordered a LBB F87 LCI M2 from Vic, he did a check for his car and it wasn't affected. I guess it uses a different airbag (the car comes with Conti tyres lol).

Anyone knows more about the details regarding this particular recall, please share with us.
Attached Images

Last edited by terrywang; 03-26-2018 at 10:23 PM..
Appreciate 2
V.Smurf162.00