I INDIC8
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB M2, 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacMacJac View Post
As a current owner of a MK6 R and a MK4 R32 before that, I can vouch it really is a "good at everything, great at nothing" car. That is a compliment. I've had my MK6 for six years now, and it has been modded via APR to 2+ for about half that time. It is a wonderfully fun car to drive with plenty of ummph and go. Traction for days, 6spMT and a relative level of ease to drive. The stunning torque of the R32 was my favorite car I've ever owned, and I was initially not a fan of the 2.0 and turbo in this current car, but the mods improved all of that, significantly.

Like some of you, I'm on a list for a M2Comp - but I also am confused by the fact I could spend a lot less on a MK7 R and get a host of technology the M2 doesn't even have (recognize auto cruise and stop isn't a thing for everyone) as an option, and I could spend very little to create a car that would be, at least, as quick as the M2.

But here's the deal. The ONLY people that ever compliment my car, and this is an admittedly silly thing to be affected by, are 19 year olds. Since I'm approaching 50, the M2Comp just seems a proper progression.

Oh, and the MK8 is really just around the corner and my MK6 is paid off. !!
You need to get out to Wookies in the Woods, it will spark your enthusiasm for the GoRf again, and it will make you miss your R32 as well.

The power and moddability of the 2.0T are fantastic, but they just don't have the sound of the VR6. I wish VAG would put the I5T from the RS3 into a Golf, since we don't get the RS3 Hatchback over here...
I'm also a fan of aural pleasure.
Appreciate 0